Our research targets
- Curing several types of cancers and rare diseases with more effective treatments
- Reducing side effects of therapeutics by using medication with targeting head-groups
- Preventing development of common cancers by creating synthetic vaccines and simplified diagnostic tools
- Meeting new challenges of the pharmaceutical industry by facilitating the production of high quality innovative drugs
“Eradicate polio in 1% of the globe will save 10 million lives by 2020”
– The Decade of Vaccines’ Bill Gates
We have designed one of the most advanced families of technology platforms in the world of nano-medicine based on a completely new class of synthetic nanoparticles. To these new molecular entities can be added a wide range of active agents with multiple functions to treat cancers and other unmet medical needs. Our novel nanoparticles can be used to target and deliver drugs directly to tumor cells but also to design preventive solutions. We have developed the scientific basis to create the first semi-synthetic vaccines able to prevent breast cancer and several other pathologies.
Our contribution to personalised medicine
From the synergy that drives our team, we have established a perfect formula to successfully meet the challenges of creating new medicines with the goal of making a real difference in the future of personalised nanomedicine.
The discovery of dendrimers has opened new perspectives for nanomedicine. Revisiting this innovation, Dr. Roy has developed pioneering approaches leading to the creation of innovative and more efficient therapies. Desiring to significantly improve the health of the population throughout the world, we are determined to tackle cancer and orphan diseases.
- Through the implementation of preventive medical solutions, we aim to reduce the prevalence of infectious diseases with the long-term goal of eradicating them.
- Committed to the idea that no patient should endure more pain than the illness for which he is being treated, our main goal is to provide the best treatments with minimal or no side effects.
- One of our priorities is to provide access to effective medicines while being more affordable (what can be achieved by our nanotechnology), especially in developing countries.